Why join us
You can become part of a team that will transform the existing virtualized environment and update the current infrastructure into a cutting-edge foundation for our platform's future growth and success.
What will you do
- System administration — You will provision and manage services, deploy databases, apply system patches, and manage internal and external network connectivity.
- Architectural design — You will provide architectural design for services to improve availability, scalability, performance, and security.
- Monitoring and analysis — You will take care of the monitoring tools and further develop monitoring rules and metrics to recognize warning signals at an early stage. You will also investigate anomalies in multi-layered systems and prepare analysis reports.
- Containers and container orchestration — You will migrate existing software to containers and deployment to Kubernetes or other container services.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment — You will automate the processes of building, testing, and deploying software.
- Research and explore — New technologies and development approaches are the reality of our field. Continuous learning is engineer's essential quality. We'll make sure you have the ability and time to focus on your growth as an engineer.
- Co-own the product — You will be a part of a team where everybody has autonomy and responsibility. You will work with developers from infrastructure architecture over release to maintenance and shape the roadmap of products.
- On-call — You will occasionally be on reoccurring call with your team and offer technical support in critical moments.
- Linux — We use Linux operating system to run highly available/load-capable platforms. We use HAProxy as load balancer.
- Apache, Nginx, Tomcat — We use Apache, Nginx and Tomcat to run web applications, serve APIs and host static content.
- PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB — We use the most popular relational and document opensource databases for data store.
- Saltstack, Ansible, Terraform — We use Saltstack and Ansible as configuration management tools. For infrastructure as code (IaC) we use Terraform.
- Prometheus, Grafana, ELK Stack — We use Prometheus for collecting metrics and monitoring, Grafana for data visualisation and ELK Stack for logging.
- Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes — We use Docker to containerise applications. To manage containerized workloads and services we rely on Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Jenkins, GitLab CI, FluxCD, ArgoCD — We use Jenkins and GitLab CI for deployment on virtualised environments, FluxCD and ArgoCD for deployment on Cloud environments.
- Amazon Web Services — AWS is our primary choice for Cloud provider.
- Enterprise tools for everything — GitLab as source control. Jira for issue tracking. Confluence for documentation. Slack for internal communication.
You will be a great fit if...
- You have worked before in our tech stack — We don’t expect you to have a background in everything we use, but we do expect you to have a strong fundamentals in system and infrastructure architecture and ideally a background in operating large Linux environments.
- You have 5+ years of experience — You have minimum 5 years of working experience in similar role as System Admin or DevOps engineer.
- Experience with CI/CD tools — You have experience with tools that span the software lifecycle from infrastructure provisioning and building, to monitoring and operating a software product.
- Familiarity with coding and scripting — You have experience writing scripts (Bash, Perl, or Python) to automate repetitive tasks, understand agile software development practices and have extensive knowledge of Git.
- Independent and empathetic communicator — You are independent in written and verbal communication (English). You're thriving in a team environment.
What we offer
- Engineering environment — Almost all of us are engineers or with engineering background. We nurture engineering mentality with great care. You will always find somebody with specific skillset or technology you need help with.
- A place to grow — We provide options and guidance for your advancement and growth. We want you to become an expert in your field.
- Team based organisation — We are organised in teams, working on specific projects or topics for a longer time. You will have the opportunity to dive deep into technically challenging topics.
- We love the Cloud — Most of our products are based on or are bing migrated to Cloud native architecture. You’ll get the chance to work on some of the latest approaches in modern app development.
- International environment — We work in an international environment with long-term partners on interesting and technically challenging projects.
- We'll treat you well — Get a competitive salary, bonuses, and supplementary pension insurance. You choose if you want to work remotely or onsite. Plus, we provide new equipment and latest development tools.
Pay, benefits, perks
- Competitive salary with salary raises proportionally to your growth.
- Generous annual leave.
- 500 € / year for additional technical equipment to spend per your choice.
- Supplementary pension insurance (Slovenia, Croatia) or supplementary health insurance (Serbia).
- Educational budget, opportunity for advancement and growth (through conferences, workshops, lectures).
- New Mac or PC laptop, monitors and accessories, headset, hight-adjustable desk (onsite).
- Award-winning office in the heart of BTC (Slovenia's biggest commercial district).
- Always fresh fruits, endless stream of coffee and tea (onsite).
- Fun team meets, occasional travels and regular company gatherings.
- Send us an email — Tell us about yourself, what are your expertise and why you want to join us. First impression counts.
- An intro call — We want to understand on what projects you worked in the past and what motivated you to apply. You'll learn about the company from Managing Director and the project from Team Lead.
- Test task — We give you a short assignment that is similar to tasks you would do on a daily basis as part of the team.
- Present your task — Commit your work to Git. Document the code. Prepare a small presentation. You'll guide us through your development and decision-making process through a video call.
- Decision — We get back to you with a final decision.
How to apply
Now that you know about us and the position we are trying to fill, we would like to learn more about you. Send us an email at email@example.com.